Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Magic Kingdom

I'm a Disneyland nut. I would go there for every vacation if Eddie would let me. This vacation originally started with me wanting to go to Disneyland for a whole week, but we decided on San Diego instead. We were having dinner with our friend Josh and his girlfriend and she happened to mention that Disneyland was only about an hour and fifteen minutes away vs. the 2 hours that Eddie originally told me. We woke up the next morning and decided that we were going to Disneyland...

The last time we went to Disneyland, Nick was 8 months old...boy how things have changed. He had a blast...this is to be expecting considering how much his mom and grandma like it!

My boys in front of the main entrance...



Nick kept saying "choo choo" and pointing to the train so we decided that we would take the train around the park first.

The boys waiting in line...



Once we got on the train Nick had a change of heart. He kept saying "no choo choo, no choo choo"...we were off at the next stop.



Next we went on Pirates of the Caribbean (a personal favorite) and Nick wasn't too sure about that ride. He did cry and we figure that he was just a bit scared of the dark and not knowing what the heck was going on. We decided that we all needed a little lunch to try to put us in a better mood, me especially! Nick wanted to feed the ducks so we sat down low and let him feed the ducks some bread. (Isn't that what everyone does at Disneyland?)



Next we went on the Winnie the Pooh ride...Nick changed his mind about rides...



As we got off the ride Nick spotted Tigger and starting jumping. Yes my son knows who the characters are....we asked him if he wanted to wait in line to see Tigger and he said "yeah". We waited and we saw...

Pooh...



Eeyore...

Isn't my kid adorable?

and Tigger...



Next we decided to venture over to Tom Sawyer's island.



Daddy took him through the "wrong way"...and we wonder where he gets his defiance from?

Doesn't everyone want to ride in a wheel barrow?



We decided to head to Toon Town next. We immediately spotted more characters.

Pluto...



Goofy and Minnie Mouse were out at the same time...Nick chose...

Goofy...



We brought Nick into the little house to play



and we waiting in line to see Mickey Mouse.



We decided to head to Fantasyland after and go on some little kid rides. Nick immediately spotted the "horsies" and wanted to go for a "horsey ride". We've taken Nick on carousel's before, but this was the first time he actually enjoyed it and didn't cry.



Pinocchio...



Nick do you want to drive a car? "yeah, Nick drive car"



Self portrait with mommy



Let me tell you...there's just something about letting a 2 year old drive the car and being beaten back and forth along the track.

Mommy wanted some ice cream next, but it was quickly stolen.



We next went on Buzz Lightyear's astroblast and we all had so much fun! This was my first time on this ride and I have no clue why I waited so long! After we got off Nick kept saying "more Buzz, more Buzz". Who can deny a 2 year old's wish....we went on it again.

Before we left the magic kingdom, we did as everyone should always do. We tried to pull the sword out of the stone!

6 comments:

Josie said...

I love all your pictures. Makes me so want to go back! Nick is such a good-lookin' kid. Heartbreaker already!

Josie said...

I love all your pictures. Makes me so want to go back! Nick is such a good-lookin' kid. Heartbreaker already!

Erica said...

Awww, I think I just got a slight Disneyland fix with all of your pictures. ;) Thanks for sharing...they are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I love all your pictures! I'm going to show them to DH so we can plan on going to San Diego and to Disney again!

Katie said...

The picture of Nick throwing a fit on the train is HILARIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, the pics with Nick and the Disney characters are too cute! What a doll!