Thursday, April 10, 2008

First day of school

Nick's first day of school was on Monday. He was all excited to go and everything was going good until he figured out what was going on. Other parents were dropping off their kids and a few were crying so Nick decided to join in. We stayed with him for about 20 min before leaving. When I went to pick him up they said he cried for the first couple hours, but started to adapt the last hour. Wednesday he cried when we pulled into the parking lot and while we were dropping him off. I told him that Papa would come with me to pick him up and that made him a little happier. When Papa and I went to pick him up he was happily playing. They said he did 75% better than Monday and he participated in crafts and even ate! Tomorrow's our next day, but then we are headed to San Diego for a 6 day vacation. Hopefully that won't throw us off too much with getting him used to school.


3 comments:

Alison said...

He's so freakin' cute Amanda!!

Rachel said...

I love his backpack!

The Shmoopies said...

Such a big boy! I'm sure it won't be long until he's running off to his friends w/o a look back. Time really does fly, doesn't it?