Thursday, April 5, 2007

My baby is now a toddler

There is some discrempancy about when a baby becomes a toddler. Some believe it's when they turn a year old, while others believe it's when they start to "toddle". I like to believe that it's when they turn a year old, otherwise I would have had a toddler at 10 months old. On that note...I'm proud to announce that my baby is officially a toddler today!

My baby is 1. Where has the year gone? It seems to have flown by and come and gone too fast. One year ago today I was in the hospital. It just doesn't seem possible. I look at Nick now and just can't believe how much he's grown and what a little man he is. He has developed his own personality and is just as stubborn as his mom and his dad...not sure if that's a good thing yet. He's a little ham and loves to flirt and be the center of attention. His smile and his giggle can light up your world in a matter of seconds. Even when he's running through the house naked giggling he seems to make you smile. My little guy was 8 pounds 1/2 ounce and 20 inches long when he was born. Now he weighs a little over 22 pounds and he's about 30 inches long.

Our lives have changed so much with the addition of Nick to the family. He's changed Eddie and I in ways that you can only understand if you're a parent yourself. We no longer live for ourselves, but we live for eachother and Nick. I get sad when I think that a year has gone by already. I think about the years to come and how much we have to look forward to with sports and going to the park...and then I think about when Nick may some day be writing a blog (or whatever technology they have then) about his own child turning a year old. Honestly...that just makes me feel old!

Happy birthday boo...we love you!

Then Now

4 comments:

Zeinab said...

Happy Birthday Nick! I hope you have a great day.

The Shavers Family said...

That was so sweet and yet, so sad - I have tears and can totally see myself writing a similar entry all too soon. Happy Birthday, Nick!!!

angelabbf said...

Aw! Very sweet! And he's such a cutie! Happy birthday Nick!!!

Erin Wilson said...

I think is your best blog yet girl... It is beautiful.