Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My first blog EVER!

Ok so I'm finally giving in to catching up with the times. I've enjoyed reading my friend's blogs for quite some time now, and have decided to join the crowd. This is for friends, family, and anyone who would like an update on our lives. So here we go...

I started working part-time last week and so far I couldn't be more thrilled. I now work 2.5 days a week and my mom works 2.5 days a week, while we share the Nick watching detail. I thought I would go stir crazy, and who knows I probably will soon...but so far I'm really enjoying it. I'm managing to get the house clean and cook dinner during the day, while of course spending time and playing with the baby.

Nick is almost 10 months old now and is crawling, pulling himself up, cruising along furniture, and walking (with a little help from mom and dad holding his hands). He's thoroughly fascinated currently with emptying the cupboards in the kitchen and destroying the living room. It is so fascinating to see how much he has grown and developed into his own person. He has a wonderful personality and is getting to be so much fun. We both love listening to him laugh and watching him splash in the bath.

Eddie's graduation day is quickly approaching. February 16th to be exact. I don't know who's looking forward to that more, me or him. I'm sure it's him though. He'll be very happy when it's all over...unfortunately that's when he's going to have to start finishing some of the projects around the house.

And now for the moment you've been waiting for...pics of the little man!




And for a self portrait of mommy and Nick




4 comments:

Bag Lady said...

Wow! Nicky is getting so big! And you look fabulous! Love the hair cut (it's been forever since I've seen you, so forgive me if you got it months ago!).
--Ali

angelabbf said...

YAY!!! Welcome to the blog world. SO CUTE!!! (blog and the baby!) :)

The Shavers Family said...

Hey Amanda, it's Amanda & little Emily here... love that you started a blog and can't wait to read more!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you and Eddie... Thankyou also for blessing us with such a beautiful nephew.... We love you all very much!!