Thursday, January 25, 2007

The life of a mother

I have to admit we have been VERY lucky with Nick getting sick. He didn't get his first cold until he was almost 9 months old. Now 4 weeks later I have a SICK baby, and I mean SICK. This morning we had a little bit of throw up, but nothing to write about. I left work this evening to go pick up Nick from my mom's house and he had just finished throwing up yet again on my dad. He didn't eat much lunch today and wouldn't take his 4 o'clock bottle. We drove home and Eddie takes him out of his car seat to come inside. As he's approaching the kitchen Nick throws up all over Eddie. I couldn't imagine what that must have felt like, pretty gross I imagine. He had throw up all over his shirt, pants, feet, arms...it was EVERYWHERE. So I call Kaiser. Give them the details and get a detailed list of what I need to do to try to avoid the emergency room tonight with a dehydrated baby. One drop of pedialyte and Nick throws up again. We clean him up and sit on the couch with him. We can't try the pedialyte for another 15 minutes. 15 minutes to the minute, he throws up again. He then laid on my chest and is now asleep in his crib. He has no fluids in him and I'm worried and scared. Thank god for Eddie, I don't know how I would've got this far without him. The fear of a mother for their child is nothing you can explain or describe, you can only experience it.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh No!!! I hope he's feeling better soon!!!!!

angelabbf said...

Aw... Amanda! I'm sorry! I really hope he gets better quickly! That's scary...