Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Water baby and mama's new pool

Nick and I started mommy and me swimming classes yesterday. We have a little blue plastic $15 pool from K-Mart at home so this was to be his first time in a real pool. He loves his tiny pool and the bath so we figured we wouldn't have a problem. We showed up at class early because I had no clue where I was going. We signed in and Nick was already bouncing on my hip and pointing to the pool. We changed into a swim diaper and start walking towards our area. Nick runs up to the pool and starts pointing to go in. The instructor let us get in early and he played in the water with me for about 40 minutes. Basically the class is to get the kids acquainted to water. There are little tasks you work on everyday but you mainly just get to do what you want and play. When it was time to get out he kept running back to the pool to go for more.



I also started water aerobics last night. I'm going 2 nights a week and really enjoyed the first class. Yesterday I asked Eddie if we could get a "pool" for our backyard since our grass was already dead and we didn't plan on doing anything to the yard until next year. He agreed and I started searching. My co-worker Erin has a 12' round pool that's 3' deep in her backyard that would be perfect. I am now the proud owner of the same pool! Eddie and I stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home from swim classes today and by 4 this afternoon it was ready for swimming. (just a wee bit cold though)
With Eddie working nights on the weekends and sleeping during the day this will be a good way to entertain Nick and work out some of his energy. Of course it's more for mama than Nick...

4 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

You guys look adorable at your swim class!

Katie said...

*sigh* you look so at peace! Lucky girl!

The Shavers Family said...

LOVE IT!!!

We are a; "yes" for the swimming playdate! :)

angelabbf said...

Looks so fun.