Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Exploritorium

Eddie and I took Nick to the Exploritorium today in San Francisco. I haven't been since I was in first grade and Eddie has never been. It's very "hands on" where kids of all ages can play with different contraptions and see how they work. I'm not sure which one of the three of us had more fun. Usually in crowded areas Nick is more interested in the people and kids around him than with where we are. This time he was very intrigued by everything and wanted to touch and figure it all out. They had a little kids area where Nick went wild. A little playhouse was set up for a puppet show which Eddie and I both performed for Nick while enjoyed.


The highlight of the trip for me was a toilet turned drinking fountain. Of course I had to make Eddie take a drink so I could capture it on film.



While driving down Lombard St in S.F. we decided to head all the way down to drive down the famous "winding hill". Eddie of course was taking pictures of the tourists who were taking pictures of him.



After making our way back to the Bay Bridge Nick was tuckered out and ready for his drive home.

5 comments:

The Shavers Family said...

Oh my gawd, those pics are too cute! Nick is having so much fun and the toilet/water fountain pic is too funny, Eddie was a good sport. I can't wait for Emily to be old enough to truly appreciate that place so we can experience it for ourselves. :)

Anonymous said...

I am happy that you three do these things together. It reminds me of LA'S Museum of Science and Industry with its hands on exhibits. It was always a hit when I took Eddie and his brothers there. Here we now have Technopolis in Mechelen.
"Chapeau" for Eddie to set aside those uneasy feelings. Love You for sharing these memories.

Anonymous said...

Nick is so cute and he looks really interested in everything. What a smartie! This is the first time I visited your blog and I really liked it. Going to send it to Serena and Tami. Because you have a darling little boy and I want to give them ideas! :) Cousin Sue

Ashley Newell said...

Nick is adorable! He looks like such a big boy now! I love his little plaid pants too.

Erin Wilson said...

Oh my goodness...always making Eddie do stupid stuff for the sake of a picture!! Glad my idea worked out for you guys!!!! I will come up with some more for ya...