Thursday, February 5, 2009

Playing catch up

Things are going well. Eddie is taking 4 weeks off and it has been a godsend. Of course both boys in my life are currently driving me nuts! We have gone to the zoo and the Exploratorium so far. Our motto...have baby and bottle will travel. School has been miserable for Nick. He has screamed every morning since I stopped working. Dropping him off is a nightmare and Eddie and I both dread it. He is still a very good big brother, but has realized that he has to wait around a lot for her. He is definitely enjoying having daddy around and makes Eddie carry him virtually everywhere we go.

Kaitlyn is a very good baby. We had a bout with extreme fussiness and gas, but changed her formula and things have gotten better so far. She usually takes her last bottle at night around 10 and then is up anywhere between 1 and 2 and then again around 4 and then 6. Nick is unfortunately awake around 6 for the day, so mommy and daddy are exhausted! I had also forgotten about traveling with a newborn. You have to time when you're in the car around the feedings. Now if we could get her to consistently take a certain amount of formula that would make our lives a lot easier. She eats right now anywhere between 1/2 ounce to 4 ounces at a time.

How I'm going to handle these two on my own when Eddie goes back to work, I have no clue...

0 comments: